A person’s body language speaks far more than words could ever say.
Projecting positive body language is a skill that should be mastered by everyone whether you’re a corporate bigwig or a child trying to make new friends on the playground.
With a little work, these changes are incredibly easy to implement. Here are a few tips that’ll instantly boost your self-confidence:
- look into the person’s eyes with a relaxed smile
- use a natural tone, volume and pace when you speak
- avoid fidgeting as it shows you’re disinterested, bored or nervous
- use your hands for gesturing instead of sticking them in your pockets
- stand up straight in a relaxed posture with your head held high
It’s amazing how a few small changes can make such a huge difference. In fact, studies have shown that “power posing” can actually change the chemicals in our brain.
So there you have it – stand tall and be proud!